A lot of people don’t know why they go to church, it’s just a regular routine, Sunday is for church and that’s it.
Some have reasons, they know why they go but majority go for the wrong reasons.
Before you read further, ask yourself ‘ why am I going to church?’ If your answer(s) is/are listed below, you should revisit your church going motives.
Here are ten reasons why you shouldn’t be in Church.
1. Don’t go to church to show your new outfit, you are not the only one putting on a new dress or shoe. You might not even be noticed after all.
2. Don’t go to church because its the only sure place to charge your phones, laptop and all, it could be stolen by another congregant with a wrong motive like you.
3. You shouldn’t be in church to seduce or attract the opposite sex, you might eventually get more than you bargained for. Not every good looking brother or sister is normal.
4. Don’t go to church just so you can hear the concluding part of a trending gossip, you might get a divine slap one of these days.
5. If you are going because you want to see your boyfriend or girlfriend, your blessings might just be from below instead of above, what shall it profit you.
6. Do not go to church to note or laugh at the Pastor’s grammatical errors and mistakes, you don’t know how uneasy it can sometimes be to be up there.
7. Don’t be in church to criticize the choir or make fun of that sister that sings off key, if you were way better, why are you not in the choir.
8. Don’t go to church to sleep under the AC, the church is not a relaxation center. May your angel of blessing not pass you by.
9. If you are in church solely to browse, chat and surf the net using the church’s wi-fi, may God forgive you. The church wasn’t built for that.
10. Lastly, don’t go to church to market or sell your products. The house of God is a place of worship not a business arena.
Be in church for the right reasons, be there because you want to fellowship with God.
Be there because your heart yearns for God, be there to know Him more, to praise Him, to be blessed by His word. Be there as a sacrifice, prove your love, show your commitment and obey His commands.
These are the reasons why you should be in church.